Pen Pal Pears – Group Show
The time has come for the Little Ghosts second big group show and we want you all to get involved. This is for all the creative's who want to dedicate themselves to new art and new friendships.
Just so we can clear things up before you read on and think we are all about the typo's, The show is about artists working in pairs but we are calling the artists pears as in the fruit just for a play on words. Oh how bloody arty of us you must think, well yes, yes we are bloody arty and proud of our stupidity.
Artists are selected and paired off to create a unique piece together. The catch is the artists only meet for the first time on the opening night of the show. The gallery brings two artists who may not know each other and have them create a piece together by using the Post. Their relationship is completely formed through the art piece they build together and without ever speaking or seeing one another meet for the first time at the grand opening.
Dear Artists, creative's and makers of all things,
The Little Ghost Gallery invites you to submit a piece of work to our second group show exhibition entitled “Pen-Pal Pears”. We ask you to create a piece of art, with a “Pen-Pal Pear” partner whom we will select at random for you. This person may turn out to be the love of your life, your arched enemy, or your future artistic partner. They may live around the corner from you behind the shops, or in a busy city that never sleeps on the far side of the world. The rule is, you are not allowed to meet in person and you should communicate by using post or email if you must! You may create anything your hearts desire.
We encourage artists who are accepted for this show to really go by the brief and to work on pieces using the postal system and never to meet before the opening of the show. Going against this just takes the fun and magic away. The work can be as big or as small as need be. The way you create it by never meeting in person is what makes it so interesting and in a sense how you go about using the post is the art piece.
Here is how to apply...
· Send the gallery examples of your most recent work along with your contact details, postal address and website if you have one. We are only interested in your most recent projects or personal work. Email JPEG or PDF files to email@example.com. The deadline for work to be sent in is FRIDAYDAY 30th of APRIL 2010
· The successful artist’s names will be placed into a hat. Each artist pair will be chosen at random from the hat . This artists pairs will be posted on The Little Ghost Gallery Blog shortly after.
· Each artist will then be given the postal and contact details of their “Pen-Pal Pear”. Both artists will have 4 weeks to collaborate and create a piece for the group show.
· The work must be delivered to the gallery by Thursday the 27th of May along with the title of the work, medium used, size and price.
· The show will open on Friday the 4th of June at 8pm.
Artists are responsible for the delivery and collection of their own work. The gallery will not hold or keep artists work after the closing date of Saturday the 12th of June 2010.
The selected artists are asked to give a €20 donation to go towards the cost of the opening night and upkeep of the gallery; we are a non profit independent gallery and your donations are what keep the gallery going.
We can only accept artist applications that have met the brief guidelines.
Good luck and we hope to find you the perfect Pen Pal Pear.
Anne & Mick
00 353 85 1032909